RACQUETMEN ENTER NATIONAL TOURNEY

Harvard Alumni Expected to Lead in National Tourney--Five Men to Play in Team Championship

New York, February 14.--Led by Coach H. W. Cowles and Captain W. J. Iselin '29, the Harvard squash team arrived here this evening on the Knickerbocker Limited to participate in the National Squash Racquets Tournament which will be held at the Harvard Club starting tomorrow afternoon. Besides Iselin, the players, who made the trip are C. D. G. Breckinridge '31, G. T. Francis Jr. ocC., S. B. Myers '29, Ogden Phipps '31, and B. H. Whitbeck '29.

T. E. Jansen '26, who recently advanced to the final round of the Massachusetts State Tournament, is accompanying these men and, along with Iselin, will compete in the singles rather than in the team tournament.

The Harvard team has hopes of regaining the national crown which it held for three consecutive years but lost last year to the New York aggregation.

Iselin, who is Canadian squash champion, is entering the singles tournament to conform with a rule passed last year by the National Squash Racquets Association providing that at least one member of each team must enter in the singles competition and that this man may not represent his team in the team matches. In the tournament he will be faced by the leading players of the country including H. N. Rawlins '27, present national champion, and J. L. Pool '28, both of whom captained the University team while Seniors at Harvard.