THE GRADUATE SCHOOLS

Medical and Dental School Scholars Win Awards

An extensive program, with several new features, is being planned for next year by the Graduate School Society of Phillips Brooks House, and arrangements for a number of activities are already under way.

The largest item on the program is a series of 12 lectures by such eminent men as Frederick Palmer '69, Dean Sperry of the Theological School, Professor J. H. Woods '87, and Professor Kirsopp Lake, on various general topics in vital religion. Half of these lectures, which are designed to help in clearing up problems occurring to the questioning minds of students, will be given on the last six Sunday afternoons before the Christmas vacation, and the other six lectures will be given on successive Sundays after the mid-year examinations. All of these meetings will take place in Phillips Brooks House at 4 o'clock.

During the week before registration and on the opening Monday of the School year, the Graduate School Society will maintain an information bureau at Phillips Brooks House, to help new students who may be in difficulty of any sort.

In addition to these regular activities, the Society has added a new item to its usual program. In previous years, the opportunity for members of the Graduate Schools to take part in church work, has been to some extent limited. To remedy this, and to afford a chance for doing such work, a special department will be maintained by the Society next year to place Graduate School students who desire it, in a position where they may engage in active church occupations.

Every Wednesday afternoon next year, the Society will give a tea at the Phillips Brooks House, to which all graduate students are invited.