DEBATERS CLASH WITH MARQUETTE TONIGHT

PENNSYLVANIA TEAM TO VISIT CAMBRIDGE SATURDAY

The Harvard debating team will clash with Marquette University of Milwaukee, Wisconsin tonight at 8.15 o'clock in the Phillips Brooks House Auditorium. The question to be discussed is: "Resolved, That the present political organization of nations is detrimental to human happiness." Harvard will uphold the affirmative side.

Coach Celian Ufford '19 has selected the following men to represent Harvard: D. I. Cooke, '31, first speaker; L. M. Wallstein '30, second speaker; D. L. Landy '30, third speaker; and C. H. Burgess '31 as alternate.

Although this is not one of the debates sponsored by the Eastern Intercollegiate Debating League and consequently will not affect Harvard's standing in that, there is considerable interest attached to it. Marquette is always strong in debating, and this year's team is particularly able.

Saturday night, Harvard will meet the University of Pennsylvania. Harvard will then support the affirmative of the question: "Resolved, That this house approves the Baumes Law of New York."

The work done in these debates as well as others in the near future will be considered in determining the personnel of the two teams which are to take trips south and west during the spring vacation. Harvard has not lost a League debate so far this year and-has two victories to its credit.