MAINE ENGAGES CRIMSON IN BASKETBALL CONTEST

TEAM TO MEET ARMY AND NAVY ON WEEK-END TRIP

Having a record of five victories and five defeats, the University basketball team plays Maine University tonight and will make a strong effort to raise its percentage above the 500 mark. The game will be played at Hemenway Gymnasium at 8 o'clock.

The University team has been having its share of bad luck recently, losing several games by the closest of scores. In its last two games it has also been without the services of Captain D. J. O'Connell '29, who suffered a leg injury in the Lowell Textile game, and T. G. Upton '31, who has had a slight attack of the grippe. Both of these however will probably see action in tonight's encounter.

Tonight's game will serve as a preparatory game for the two contests to follow later on in the week. The team leaves on Friday for a week-end trip, playing Army at West Point on Friday night and Navy at Annapolis on Saturday. Coach E. A. Wachter said yesterday that both of these games will be hard contests and that he would be satisfied if the squad came back with one victory to its credit.