"FIREMAN, SAVE MY CHILD," IS TITLE OF NEW PUDDING PLAY

First Appearance in Cambridge in Three Performances--Will Play to Gotham Audience April 8

"Fireman, Save my Child" is to be the title of the annual play of the Hasty Pudding Club, it was announced last night by Kendrick Kerns '30 in charge of arrangements for the show. The play, written by G. A. Weller '29, former editorial chairman of the CRIMSON, satirically depicts life in Cambridge about 1750. At that time there existed a strong sense of rivalry between different fire companies as to which would first arrive on the scene of the fire, when one occurred, and enjoy the privilege of extinguishing it. This rivalry was particularly keen between the well-known companies, the Boston Bullies and the Cambridge Catamounts, and it is with the competition between these two organizations that the play largely deals.

The show will be presented in Cambridge on April 3, 4, and 5, and in New York on the following Monday, April 8. There are 25 in the east, including a chorus representing Cambridge firemen and girls of the period.

The Club previously planned this year to revive one of its former productions, either "Proserpina", produced in 1895, or "Branglebunk--A Weary Wanderer's Woeful Wooing" of 1896, but these were judged too difficult for the present facilities of the Club.

William Weston and Henry Irving Dale, the new directors of the Pudding show are prominent in Boston theatrical production. They have produced several successful plays both amateur and professional. Louis Silvers, the former director of Pudding shows has been engaged in producing the pictures of Al Jolson. Because of his success in his new work, Silvers was not able to return to produce this year's show of the Club.