RED BOOK COMPETITIONS WILL START NEXT WEEK

TRIALS BEGIN NEXT MONDAY AND LAST EIGHT WEEKS

The 1932 Red Book Competition will get under way next Monday, February 11; according to an announcement made last night by R. N. Clark '32, editor-in-chief of the Red Book. Competitions for editorships on the Editorial, Photographic, Business, and Arts and Cuts Committees will start on that date.

The chairman and sub-chairman of these four committees, who were appointed earlier in the year by the temporary committee on Freshman affairs, will meet early this week to determine further details of the competition. The length of the competition in each of the four departments will be eight weeks. Twenty-five positions on the four Boards will but filled, seven on the Editorial Committee, and six each on the Photographic, Business, and Arts and Cuts, Committees.

The activity slips, placed in the Hands of the Freshman class Saturday, are to be returned at the latest by February 11. All men who neglect to return these slips by that date run the risk of having their names and pictures omitted from the Red Book.

The Red Book will be ready for the publishers about the first of April, when the competition will be brought to a close. The freshman class will receive the Red Book on the night of the Jubilee, a tentative date for that annual event being set for May 1.