1932 QUINTET DEFEATS MILTON TEAM 20 TO 15

W. A. BEYER '32 PROVES HIGHEST SCORER FOR CRIMSON

Although severely handicapped by their inexperience in playing on a standard large size floor, the Freshman basketball quintet outstripped the Milton five 20 to 15 in yesterday's encounter at Milton.

The game started at a slow pace, the first quarter being marked by numerous fouls and rough play. Unaccustomed to passing on a large floor, the Harvard team was balked at every play by the Milton five, which kept the Crimson on the defensive from the start.

The second quarter opened with no better outlook. W. A. Beyer '32, Harvard's high scorer then dribbled half the length of the floor for the Crimson's first tally. Growing accustomed to the size of the court by that time, Harvard made a series of goals, but failed to equal Milton's mark by the end of the half, the schoolboys leading 9 to 7.

The Crimson more than doubled their score in the last half, holding the Milton team to an occasional tally. By the end of the third quarter the Harvard five had things well in hand, running up their lead with little opposition from the Milton team.

The summary:

Score--Harvard 20, Milton 15. Goals --Beyer 4, Pattison 3, Baskervill, 2, Howland 4, Clark 2, Carey. Fouls--Bicknell, Beyer, Clark. Referee--Yeaton. Time--four eight-minute periods. HARVARD  MILTON Pattison, l.f.  r.g., Carey Baskervill, r.f.  l.g., Coventry Bicknell, c.  c., Upton Moushegian, l.g.  r.f., Clark Beyer, r.g.  l.f., Howland, Swarts