BOYLSTON SPEAKING CONTEST TAKES PLACE EARLY IN APRIL

All Selections Must be Submitted to F. C. Packard '20 by February 25

All contestants for the Lee Wade and Boylston prizes for elocution must register for the competition before Monday, February 25, according to an announcement given out yesterday. These contests are held annually in Sanders Theatre during the first week of April, and always attract an excellent group of speakers, over 54 students participating in last year's competition.

The Boylston prizes, which consist of one $50 and two $30 awards, were founded in 1817, while the Lee Wade prize, a single award of $50, was established in 1916. The terms of the awards call for the repetition by some member of the three upper classes in College, of a memorized selection of poetry or prose chosen from a piece of standard English Latin, or Greek literature.

The selections are to be approximately five minutes in length, and must be approved by F. C. Packard, 20. Assistant Professor of Public Speaking. Professor Packard will hold office hours in Holden Chapel at 12 o'clock on every week day except Saturday.