POLO TEAM ENTERS THREE NEW YORK TOURNAMENTS

COTTON AND GLYNN WILL SERVE AS SUBSTITUTES

All doubts as to whether the University polo team will compete in the National Indoor Tournament in New York City at the end of next week were dispelled yesterday with the announcement by Captain F. D. Sharp, polo coach, that F. A. Clark '29, the Crimson captain, would play in all the matches. There was some question whether Clark would play, owing to his activity with the University crew.

The team is to take part in three tournaments in New York, playing in the open, the Class A and the intercollegiate division. The Harvard trio drew a bye in the first round of the open division and will play the New York Athletic Club on Thursday in a second round match. A victory will place the team in the finals to be played on Saturday, March 30.

In the intercollegiate division Harvard is conceded the best chance to win. Only Yale, Princeton and Pennsylvania Military College are represented in this class besides the Crimson riders, who play Yale in the first round match on next Friday. The finals in this event will be held on Wednesday, March 27.

The Class A division begins on April 5 but Harvard, having drawn another bye, does not play until April 6 when it opposes the Optimists Club. The finals of this division are set for April 10.

Harvard, having enjoyed its most successful indoor polo season in years, is expected to take the intercollegiate title handily, besides making a strong bid for the other two championships. The team will be slightly weakened through the loss of G. O. Clark '31 who has been declared ineligible because of scholastic difficulties. J. P. Cotton '29 and T. B. Glynn ocC, will both be used in Clark's stead. Their playing will hardly affect Harvards handicap ranking, the total handicap being reduced by only one goal. The ranking of 14 goals handicap is the highest ranking of any college team in the country.