HARVARD ART SOCIETY OPENS NEW FRENCH SHOW

Paintings, Sculpture, Decorative Arts in Display--Brancusi's "Golden Bird" is Feature of Exhibition

Work of the School of Paris from 1910 to 1928 constituting the second exhibition of the Harvard Society for Contemporary Art and intended to supplement the current French exhibition at the Fogg Museum is to be on public view in the Harvard Cooperative Building, 1400 Massachusetts Avenue starting this morning. Yesterday and Monday there were private showings for the members of the organization.

As in its last exhibition, the Society presents work in oils, drawings and water-colors, sculpture, prints, and examples of decorative art.

Prominent among the painters whose work is being shown are Giorgio de Chirico, Raoul Dufy, Marcel Gromaire, Moise Kisling, Marie Laurencin, Joan Miro, Amadeo Modigliani, and Maurice Vlaminck. "Golden Bird" by Constantin Brancusi occupies a conspicuous place among the sculpture being exhibited, included in which are also pieces by Charles Despiau and Aristide Maillol.

Etchings, lithographs, and woodcuts by artists most of whom have work of some other type in the display are another feature of the exhibition. Wide and varied choice is evidenced in the assemblage of examples of decorative art, which include among other things an unusual tea service designed by Puiforcat, ceramic gardens and textiles conceived by Raoul Dufy, unique "Camel" and "Lucky Strike" cigarette cases designed by Legrain, jewelry of Raymond Templer, and ash trays by Lalique.