N. Y. A. C. TRIO UPSETS UNIVERSITY HORSEMEN

TEAM MEETS YALE TOMORROW IN INTERCOLLEGIATE PLAY

New York, March 19--In the first game of the National Open Polo Tournament played at the Squadron A Armory here tonight, the New York Athletic Club polo team administered to the Harvard trio its first defeat of the season by a 10 to 1 1-2 score.

Harvard took an early lead, largely due to the excellent playing of its captain, F. A. Clark '29. For several chukkers the contest continued on even keel, but in the last two periods the N. Y. A. C. trio hit its stride and succeeded in overcoming the small Crimson advantage.

Tonight's game was played from scratch, no handicaps being allowed either team. Harvard's entrance in to the open tournament marked the first time a college team has participated in the competition since the Yale trio, led by Winston Guest, was runner-up to the Brooklyn Riding and Driving Club for the championship two years ago.

Harvard's next match is with Yale in the National Intercollegiate Tournament Thursday night at New York. The winner of this game will enter the final round of the competition which is to be played Saturday.