FOOTBALL SQUAD IS SPLIT INTO OPPOSING GROUPS

Michigan and Florida to Battle for Honors in Spring Session--Coaches to Guide Rival Teams

Indications that two teams from the spring football squad would line up for a scrimmage before the end of the week were given yesterday when Coach Arnold Horween gave the squad some regular formations.

The entire squad was divided yesterday into two divisions one being called Michigan and the other Florida, in honor of the two opposing teams who appear for the first time on the University football schedule this fall. The men will report directly to the squad to which they were assigned from now on. Coach E. L. Casey '19 is head mentor of the Michigan squad, while C. J. Hubbard '24 has direction of the Florida team. Assisting Casey will be W. A. Cleary '15 Madison Sayles '21 and J. M. Hartley, as soon as he arrives from New York where he has been detained on business. A. E. French '29, F. A. Pickard '29 and John Donovan will help Hubbard with the Floridans. Coach, Horween and J. L. Knox '98 will divide their attention between the two groups, while V. P. Kennard '09 and H. W. Clark '23 will coach the punters and centers of both teams.

The formations given out today were demonstrated to each of the groups by picked teams and were explained by respective coaches in charge, who drilled the men for a long time, familiarizing them with the plays, so that it is probable that the first scrimmage will be held before Horween leaves on Saturday.