YALE THINKS BEST

The intellectual curiosity which finds its archetype in the "who-was-the-greatest-poet-Momma" sort of query ripens remarkably under the influence of Lux et Veritas,. The announcement today of the Senior questionnaire bears promise of a bumper crop of Yale superlatives. "Greatest social celebrity", "Most entertaining", "Best looking", and "best dressed" seem to flourish particularly well in the warm climate farther south, and bring home to those in Cambridge the difficulty of cultivating the same sort of thing under the exigencies of local conditions. Nothing but the most artificially regulated amosphere can develop analogous products within a radius of ten miles from Harvard Square.

The difficulty in raising such specialized forms of life as the "most modest senior" is nothing, however, to that of telling who he is once you have him. Here as nowhere else must Harvard congratulate her traditional rival; powers of selection such as this are scarcely to be found even in the judges of the Atlantic City beauty contest, who, one is lead to believe, yearly pick the "best looking" American. Not content with mere externals, however, Yale Seniors confidently proceed to confound the personnel workers of a nation by the closest determination of so-called personality traits.

Ample proof of the omniscience proceeding from four years in New Haven is to be found in the confidence with which the Seniors attack such problems as "which living man do you admire most?" But here there develops a weakness in the works, for though the majority comes out stoutly for Lindy or the great American home, four Seniors seem still hopelessly introverted at the end of a college course spent solely with studying their fellow men.