SOPHOMORE SMOKER WILL BE HELD MONDAY EVENING

Stearns Announces Plans for Annual Affair -- Varied Entertainment Has Been Arranged

The Sophomore smoker will be held next Monday, March 11, at the Harvard Union, it was announced yesterday by Marshall Stearns Jr. '31, who, with Pliny Jewell '31 and R. L. Scott '31, is in charge of plans for the affair.

Arrangements have been made to accommodate 600, and a varied program of entertainment will be provided. Among the speakers for the evening will be George Owen '23, famous nine-letter Harvard athlete, now playing with the Boston Bruins. An orchestra is being secured, and there will be various specialty acts by well-known entertainers. Appropriate souvenirs have been purchased and will be distributed to all who attend. Among the amusements offered will be a motion picture, which is yet to be selected, but which will, it is hoped, come up to last year's standard.

Tentative plans for further entertainment include speeches by President Lowell and Lawrence Coolidge '27, dean of the Sophomore Class. They have not, however, as yet definitely accepted the invitation of the committee to speak before the gathering.

After the conclusion of the evening's speeches, refreshments will be served.