FIRST FRESHMAN CREW ANNOUNCED BY HAINES

CHOICE OF SECOND EIGHT IS YET TO BE MADE

Coach H.H. Haines, Freshman crew mentor, yesterday indicated that the "Red" crew, stroked by A.H. Parker '32 would be the first Freshman crew and as such will row in the opening race against M.I.T. Freshmen on Saturday, May 4.

Parker's crew is one of the three crews that were retained just prior to the Spring vacation. The crew has been designated as the "Red" crew, and has been victor over both the "Blue" and "White" eights consistently since the holiday practice. Coach Haines intimated that slight changes might still be made before May 4, but at present the plans are that Parker's eight will remain intact until then.

The selection of the second boat is as yet indefinite since the "White" eight, which was generally considered the second boat has been behind the "Blue" shell in all the recent races.

The M.I.T. race will be the first test for the first-year eight, and, besides a race with Cornell on the following Saturday, will be the only outside competition for the 1932 shell in preparation for the Yale race.

The seatings of the first crew follow: Stroke, Parker; 7. W.C. Thompson '32; 6. S.D. Pierce '32; 5. J.V. Veeder '32; 4. Desmond Fitzgerald '32; 3. T.E. Armstrong '32; 2. F.F. Colloredo-Mansfeld '32; bow, T.M. Page '32.