TENNIS TEAM MEETS N.Y.U. IN FIRST HOME ENCOUNTER

BREESE WILL JOIN SOUTHERN TRIP LINEUP

With a record of four victories and no defeats behind it after one of its most successful Southern trips in years, the University tennis team opens its season at home this afternoon at 2.30 o'clock when it opposes the New York University racquetmen at Jarvis Field.

Coach Cowles stated last night that besides the six men who went on the Southern trip, W. L. Breese '31 will be used in the match. Although it is not definite where Breese will be substituted it is certain that he will be in one of the nine matches. The match between Tarangoli and B. H. Whitbeck '29, in the first singles promises to be the feature of the afternoon. Whitbeck lost but one match on the Southern trip and that to C. Alphonso Smith, a national star, while Tarangoli is the holder of the Metropolitan Mens' Indoor Championship.

Arthur Ingraham '30 who is No. 2 on the University line-up has also been showing excellent form this year and is pressing close to Whitbeck for the first position.

The remaining four members of the Harvard team have been in the matches to date, E. B. Ward '30, No. 3; R. L. Tower '31, No. 4; J. L. Ware 30, No. 5; F. K. Trask '30, No. 6. These men pair up for doubles as follows: Ward and Ingraham, No. 1, Whitbeck and Trask, No. 2. Tower and Ware, No. 3. Breese may be used either in the singles or in the doubles or even in both.