Day of Jubilee

THE MAIL

(Ed. Note--The Crimson does not necessarily endorse opinions expressed in printed communications. No attention will be paid to anonymous letters and only under special conditions, at the request of the writer, will names be withheld.)

To the Editor of the CRIMSON:

It seems that those men who were chosen from our class to form the Freshman Jubilee Board have committed a grave error in selecting the date for the annual dance. As is commonly known, this is one of the largest social functions of our four years in college certainly the largest freshman affair. It is a function we all wish to attend yet in selecting May 17 as the date some 125 students will have to wave good bye to their chances of going. This is because the freshman track, baseball, lacrosse and tennis teams--as well as two crews--swing into action the following day.

I have been selected to write this by a number of freshmen who, seeing our chances of attending the Jubilee thus jeopardized, wish to let the Jubilee Board know our sentiments on the matter.

We appreciate the fact that the selection of the date was an oversight and hope than an honest effort will be made to change the jubilee to another date.

(Name withheld by request.)