EUREKA

Professor Frank R. Arnold of the Utah Agricultural College has at last revealed, or helped to reveal, a mysterious, not to say enigmatic phenomenon in the light of truth. Writing in the current Scribner's on "The Mating Season of Co-Education" he unintentionally explains just why the average importation to Harvard from the fields of co-education is so much at a loss in Cambridge.

He speaks of one of the graduates of the university which has so well maintained its existence under the dominion of Zona Gale as possessed of "sex eternally calling for mild satisfaction like that of the Western student who went to Harvard to do graduate work and wrote to a chum that he should go crazy if he didn't find pretty soon-some nice girl be could kiss." This explains much. Many have wondered just why the usual denizen of Widener appeared more like a carrion crow minus the carrion than a human being in search of truth. The other reason than that of the cafeteria food of graduate life evidently exists. He has no delightul co-ed to help him to the stars.

So in the future those who wonder at the wan faces which wander by them as they wait for books at the reading desk in Widener must remember that there is reason a plenty for the wan wanders' wanness. And thus they can see even here at Harvard another proof of the baneful effects of co-education.