THE DRAMATIC CLUB'S POSITION

The letter from the production manager of the Dramatic Club which appears in an adjoining column clarifies the position of that organization in relation to its spring production. He freely admits the desirability of the ideals laid down by critics of the policy of the club. But he points out the difficulties which arise on the way to their attainment. He admits, as has been pointed, that student authorship of the productions is desirable, but adequately explains why this has been so often impossible in the past. The other point made by the CRIMSON and several of its correspondents that emphasis on the money value of undergraduate productions should not weigh too heavily in their selection is also admitted, but here again his unbiased report of conditions shows the impossibility of consistent neglect of this feature. The CRIMSON'S contention that musical comedy is produced by two other Harvard organizations can only increase the regret that this seems to be the one way to make money without shelying off into the Hassan sort of thing.