HOTCHKISS RECORD WINS CRIMSON CUP FOR 1928-29

CHOATE NEWS ELIMINATED FROM COMPETITION

The Hotchkiss Record, the student newspaper of the Hotchkiss School, Lakeville, Connecticut, has been awarded the 1928-29 CRIMSON Cup, it was announced last night by R. A. Stout '29, former president of the CRIMSON. The competition, open to the preparatory school publications in the Eastern Federation of School Newspapers, is in its fourth year. The Choate News, by winning the trophy three years in succession, automatically eliminated itself from this year's competition.

Cup From Senior Editors

The CRIMSON Cups were instituted by the Senior Editors of the Class of 1926. They presented the paper a sum upon which successive Senior boards have drawn in order to present a silver trophy to the most excellent schoolboy newspaper. The general appearance of the sheet, the quality of the writing, and the constructiveness of the editorials are the leading factors in the competition.

Publications which challenged the winner were the Blair Breeze, the Exonian, the Hill News, The Meteor of the Virginia Episcopal School. The Philippians of Andover, the Mercersberg News, the Red and White of St. George's, the Reserve Record of the Western Reserve Academy, and the Taft Papyrus.

Providing a member of the editorial staff of the Botchkiss Record can be present, the trophy will be presented at the annual CRIMSON dinner, the evening of May 18. The committee making the award consists of A. R. Sweezy '29, J. H. Sachs '29, G. A. Weller '29, and R. G. West '29.