SCHOOLBOY MEET WILL SHOW EXCELLENT WORK

Individual Stars From Many Schools are Entered in 44th Harvard Track Classic

The 44th Harvard Interscholastic track meet will get under way this afternoon at 1 o'clock when well over 700 schoolboy athletes convene in the Stadium to battle for championship honors.

The meet will bring to Cambridge some of the outstanding preparatory stars of the country and bids fair to be the most successful in the long history of Harvard Interscholastic Track Glassics.

Crowley is Weight Star

Among those individual performers who will bear watching this afternoon, John Crowley of the Roxbury School in Cheshire Connecticut stands high. He has an amazing record of over 140 feet with the discus, better by 15 feet than anyone now in Harvard,, and can throw the 12-pound ball nearly 52 feet. Crowley also shines as a jumper, being able to clear 5 feet 9 inches in the high and 20 feet in the broad leaps. A teammate of his, J. S. Birge, is one of the outstanding sprint entries in the meet. He has records of 10 seconds and 22 seconds for the 100 and 220 respectively.

Andover Favored in Class A

Newark Preparatory School is sending an exceptionally strong group of runners including a crack mile relay team which under favorable conditions should stand an excellent chance of breaking the existing scholastic mark in that event.

These schools are both entered in the Class A division in which Andover, on account of its superior balance rules favorite to repeat its victory of last year.

Class B and C contain various smaller preparatory and high schools which are sending by far the largest number of individual entries.