EIGHTS ENTRAIN FOR ANNAPOLIS TONIGHT

Stern Oar and No. 6 Man Not Yet Chosen for University Crew--Will Practice on Severn Tomorrow

In the last full workout before the University crews leave for Annapolis, the first string oarsmen won out over, the Jayvees in a race slightly longer than a mile and three quarters in the Charles River Basin yesterday afternoon. With two possible shifts in the eights imminent, the crews will hold a short practice session this afternoon and will entrain for the Naval Academy on the Federal Express this evening.

In yesterday's race the eights went over the old course and continued to row a short distance past the West Boston bridge at the end of the stretch with a half length of open water showing between the shells. With rough conditions prevailing the beat was forced down in the last half mile of rowing and the boats finished the trial, with several inches of water sloshing beneath the slides.

E. J. Brown '96 last night stated that he had not decided whether P. H. Watts 31 or S. W. Swaim '31 would stroke the first eight in Saturday's race with Navy and Penn. He also deferred the decision of who will row No. 6 today. B. J. Harrison '29, No. 4 and F. A. Clark 29, No. 6 changed places two days ago and Harrison rowed at six yesterday but no final decision will be reached until today.

The eights are as follows:

First University Stroke, P. H. Watts 31, 7. W. T. Emmet '29, G. H. J. Harrison '29, 5, Allerton Cushman '29, 4, F. A. Clark '29; 3, L. W. Dickey '30; 2, C. McK. Norton '29; bow, James Lawrence, Jr. '29; cox. L. L. Wadsworth '30.

Second University--Stroke, S. W. Swaim '31; 7, M. M. Johnson '31; 6, R. L. McKesson '31; 5, A. B. Rood '31; 4, A. N. Webster '31; 3, C. E. Mason '30; 2, M. R. Brownell '30; bow, C. N. Comstock '30; cox, E. L. Belisle.

The regatta on the Charles on Saturday between the Harvard and Yale class crews, 150-pound eights, both University and Freshman, and the second 150-pound crews, will provide the weekend rowing spectacle in Cambridge. The Eli eights arrive this afternoon and will probably get in a short paddle this evening as well as two regular workouts tomorrow.