HARVARD AND RADCLIFFE ENGAGE IN DUAL DEBATE

MESSRS. UFFORD AND COUES WILL SUPERVISE CONTEST

After a lapse of many years Harvard and Radcliffe will resume their debating rivalry in the form of a forensic duel at Agassiz Hall next Wednesday evening.

Picked Freshman teams from the two institutions will discuss the subject: "Resolved, That the world is becoming worse." The subject will cover many topics of undergraduate interest, from the House Plan to the status of the modern generation. Opportunity will be given the audience to question the debaters on any aspect of undergraduate activity which the debate involves.

The debate has been organized under the auspices of the English departments, the supervisors being Celian Ufford '19 and R. W. Coues '95. The coaches are members of the University debating team, P. J. W. Bove '29 in charge of the negative team, and J. F. Harding '30 supervising the affirmative. The judges will be C. T. Murphy 3L., and Elizabeth McAusland 3G.B., with the audience casting the third vote.

The affirmative team will include Eleanor Maudelbaum, K. L. Johnson '32, R. S. Watson '32, with Christine Laingan handling the rebuttal. The negative team will consist of F. E. Soudern '32, Catherine Ruggles, S. D. Pollard '32, with Lois Smith as rebuttal speaker.