EMPLOYMENT OFFICE IS ACTIVE IN PLACEMENTS

AVERAGE SUMMER INCOME ABOUT $600 PER STUDENT

Forty-nine jobs aggregating a total income of approximately $30,000, have been secured thus far for student tutor-compaions for the summer months according to figures compiled by the Student Employment office yesterday. In addition, 50 positions in summer camps and hotels have been filled through the agency of the office, while many more students have found employment in miscellaneous occupations by the aid of the department.

In comparison with last year's figures the income of the summer tutor-companion has apparently increased, since in the summer of 1928, only $28,000, was the aggregate income of 53 students. The complete figures for this year are not yet available since positions are still being filled, and applications are still being received to date, but the present figures would indicate that between 55 and 60 jobs will be filled this year earning an average of $600, apiece.

Meanwhile, 100 Seniors have been interviewed by prospective employers as a result of the bulletin sent out from the Employment office last week. Fully a quarter of the Senior Class has applied to University L for help and of this number it is estimated by W. W. Daly '14, secretary, that between 75 and 85 of those men graduating will be able the secure permanent positions through the medium of the Employment Office.