TWICE BLEST

The prices of second hand text books never fail to produce a paradox in the mind of the average amateur trader. Somehow when he comes to sell his books in the Spring the return seems to bear little relation to the remarkable outlay required of him in September. The reason of course is clear enough, the cost of handling and storage are so great that in order to make a fair profit the dealers in such literature have to pocket about twenty percent of the list price.

But no matter how good an explanation there may be for the phenomenon, there are many persons who find what they consider as profiteering a sufficient excuse for not taking the necessary trip to the square to sell their no longer needed books. For these individuals the Phillips Brooks House affords a very convenient help to housecleaning when it sends its representative around for contributions to the loan library.

On the other end of the line, these books go out to men who feel the pinch of high text book prices and at their purely nominal rental help fill a very real need.