BROWNELL IS AWARDED CAPTAINCY OF JAYVEES

SEATING OF FIRST BOAT CERTAIN BUT JAYVEES MAY SHIFT

Red Top, Conn., June 9--Morris Ruggles Brownell Jr. '30, of Fairhaven, Massachusetts, was yesterday elected captain of the Junior University crew. A member of his Freshman eight and of the jayvees last season, he is now occuping the number 5 seat in the second Harvard shell.

Following the time trials held yesterday evening, both crews were granted a lay-off today and went for a four-hour cruise on the Sound in J. Pierpont Morgan's palatial steam yacht, "Corsair". Present plans here in the Crimson training quarters call for two time trials this week in an attempt to cut down on the 21 minute 27 second pace set yesterday over the four mile course.

The seating of the University eight may be regarded as definite but Coach Brown has intimated that the near future may find one more change in the jayvee boat. Just what shift would be made he would not indicate, but it seems likely that some member of the third crew which is due here soon may find a berth in the second crew.

The present seating of the two crews follow:

University--Stroke, James. Lawrence Jr. '29; 7, W. T. Emmet '29; 6, B. J. Harrison '29; 5, M. M. Johnson '31; 4, F. A. Clark '29; 3, Lawrence Dickey '30; 2, C. McK. Norton '29; bow, Allerton Cushman '29; cox, E. L. Belisle '31.

Second University--Stroke, P. H. Watts '31; 7, R. I. McKesson '31; 6, R. N. Webster '31; 5, M. R. Brownell '30; 4, J. W. Hallowell '31; 3, H. W. Sturges '30; 2, E. L. Millard '31; bow, S. W. Swaim '31; cox, L. L. Wadsworth '30.