MARINES INVADE SOLDIERS FIELD

Left-Hander Will Try to Tame Crimson--Flying Circus in Clouds Before Game

The Marine nine from Quantico will storm the Harvard baseball fort on Soldiers Field this afternoon. The conflict is scheduled to start at 3 o'clock, but some of the festivities before the game may delay the zero hour until about 3.20 o'clock.

The last two seasons have found the Crimson and Marine diamond dusters embattled in early campaign clashes, and the Leatherneck forces have emerged victorious in both games. During the 1928 southern invasion, the University nine was sent down by a 2 to 1 score in an eleven inning struggle. The Marines defeated Harvard this spring when the Crimson once again sallied forth below the Mason and Dixon line. The final count was 6 to 3, but this year's Harvard team lost several valuable scoring opportunities through failure to hit when the bases were occupied. Howard Whitmore '29, will toe the rubber for the home team this afternoon and is counted on to throw a wrench into the smoothly-working Marine machine.

On Monday afternoon the military ball players decisively repelled the Boston College aggregation. "Captain" Kidd, crack Marine hurler, was on the mound and it is not likely that he will get the call, today. He did the pitching in the first encounter this spring, but Smith, a southpaw, is slated to oppose the Harvard batters today.

The University combination was not clicking last Saturday when it succumbed to the delivery of Frank Nekola, Holy Cross star, but should be back in form this afternoon. The same line-up, with but one exception, will be sent into action. S. L. Batchelder '31 will replace J. D. Dudley '31, on the receiving end of the battery.

As a side attraction to today's game, three planes from the Marine flying corps will manoeuvre above the Soldiers Field diamond while the rival teams are warming up. The exhibition, which will include group evolutions as well as individual stunting, will begin about 2.35 o'clock.