IMPROVEMENT SEEN IN CRIMSON CREW

Coach Brown Sends Two Crews Through Light Paddles--Combination, 1932 Eights Leave Cambridge

Red Top, Conn., June 12--After putting his two crews through a time trial yesterday, Coach E. J. Brown '96 gave his men an easy workout here this afternoon. In the morning both of the eights were put through a light practice with excellent weather conditions. The Thames was quiet and a slight following breeze aided the Crimson sweepswingers.

In the afternoon the University eight went out for a longer paddle with Coach Brown working on racing starts. During this time the shell looked better than it has since its arrival here. There was no catch at the end of the stroke and the eight men were working well together. There was a slight delay in getting the boat into the water due to the fact that the float, which started leaking in the afternoon sank to the bottom of the river before it could be saved. This mishap made it necessary for the crew to launch the boat from the bank and most of the oarsmen were thoroughly drenched in the process.

No change in the line ups for the first two crews was made, and it seems likely that Coach Brown will keep the present seating for the race. Among those who visited the Harvard quarters was F. G. Sullivan '27, coach of the third University eight.