EX PALUDE

Far from its humble beginnings in 1908 the Graduate School of Business Administration finds itself today in a position rich not only in its unparalleled facilities and prestige but in the brilliant tradition of its social and economic service to the nation. The opening of another term in this succession of years devoted to a realization of the emerging significance of business as a profession presents an occasion to consider the potential value of the School both to its students as individuals and to the general public.

Growth from a department under the Faculty of Arts and Sciences to the immense plant of the George F. Baker Foundation indicates in concrete terms the progress which the School has made in putting business training on a parity with that of any other profession. The vision of the early founders clearly saw the importance to society of business leaders bred not alone in the school of experience, but in an institution where professional traditions leave their stamp. It is this, perhaps, this new emphasis on the professional standing and obligation of the business man, that stands out as one of the greatest accomplishments of the School's first twenty one years.

The man embarking on a course of training in the stimulating atmosphere of the School is indeed doubly privileged. For no one can survey modern American life without appreciating the all-important role which business plays there.