STUDENT ADVISORS WILL ASSIST FIRST YEAR MEN

UPPERCLASSMEN WILL HELP TO ORIENT 1933

With the arrival of some 900 Freshmen in Cambridge today the Student Advisory Committee reaches its period of full activity. Several advisors will be in each of the Freshman dormitories for lunch and supper today and will remain in the common rooms after the meals to talk with all first year men who may want advice on any non-scholastic subject.

The reorganized Advisors Committee will not, as formerly, have several students assigned to each member for individual meetings, but will be present in the Freshman Halls for the first few days of the term at the service of the incoming class. Neither will the Advisors, as before, assist the Freshmen in the choice of studies or take care of those in scholastic difficulties. These duties have been taken over by the Faculty Advisors, to one of which every member of 1933 will be assigned, and a special board of proctors who will have charge of the scholastic problems of the first year men.

This leaves the Student Advisors with the sole task of orienting the Freshman with his new surroundings, and assisting him in such social difficulties as he may encounter at the beginning of the term.