FRESHMAN CLASS TO HAVE BUSY DAY OF MANY MEETINGS

Bingham, Director of Athletics, Will Address 1933--Moving Pictures Also to be Shown

The busiest day of Freshman activity will get under way this morning with a fifteen minute service in Appleton Chapel at which Professor Merriman, member of the department of History, will preach. This service starts at 8:45 o'clock, and immediately thereafter the class will collect in the New Lecture Hall for advice and counsel about the ordering of their courses.

Delmar Leighton '19, Secretary of the Committee on Electives and tutor in the division of History, Government, and Economics will speak on the choice of subjects for the Freshmen year. He will be followed by C. H. Taylor, Assistant Professor of History, who will explain the requirements of the Freshman year, explaining the system of distribution and concentration.

At the conclusion of this session most of the first year men have conferences with their faculty advisers about the arrangement of their schedules. To these they should take the study cards contained in their registration envelopes, which have to be filled out and approved and handed in not later than 5 o'clock Monday. Failure to get the card in on time will mean a fine of five dollars.

From 12 until 2 o'clock the student advisory committee will keep hours in the Common Rooms of the Freshman dormitories. They will be glad to offer any advice or information which might possibly help the new man in getting oriented. They will continue to keep hours until September 28.

On a different part of this page will be found a schedule of the language examinations which will take up most of the afternoon. All members of the class are strongly urged to take advantage of this opportunity to pass off the language requirements. No application is necessary and no charge will be made for taking these examinations.

The day will be brought to a close with an informal meeting of all new men in the Union at 7:30 o'clock. W. J. Bingham '16 Director of Athletics, A. E. French '29, Freshman football coach, and J. E. Barrett '30 will be the speakers. The moving picture reel of Harvard athletics will also be shown