1932 MAKES BRILLIANT SCHOLASTIC SHOWING

UNIVERSITY HALL'S STAND ON READMISSION JUSTIFIED

The class of 1932, last year's Freshman class, made, according to figures compiled at the Dean's office during the summer, a singularly high scholastic record. Among the new Freshmen last year, 21.9 per cent made the Dean's list as compared with 17.6 per cent in 1927-28. The large percentage of the class of 1932 who completed the year with a satisfactory record is even more striking. Only 16.7 per cent of last year's Freshman class had unsatisfactory records as contrasted with 21.1 per cent in 1927-28 and 20.1 per cent in 1926-27.

Justifies Administration

Considering the entire Freshman class last year, including dropped, readmitted, and provisional Freshmen as well as the new Freshmen, 18.9 per cent made the Dean's list and 19.3 per cent were unsatisfactory as compared with 15.2 per cent on the Dean's list and 22.9 per cent unsatisfactory for 1927-28. The readmitted Freshmen, as in previous years, lowered the average of the entire class, as 46.3 per cent either had their connection severed or encountered some other unsatisfactory outcome. This is the poorest showing for the readmitted Freshmen since 1921-22. This result seems to justify the Administrative Board's step in adopting a stricter policy concerning readmission, which it was forced to put into effect this September.