FALL TENNIS TOURNEY DRAWS 243 COMPETITORS

Class A Entries Unusually Large as Opening Matches Start--Well Known Players on List

Because of the unusually large entry of 135 men in Class A of the annual University fall tennis tournament, it is announced that all opening matches must be played by tonight. The draw of this division will be found in Cowles' Tennis and Squash Shop, on Mt. Auburn Street. With 108 entries in Class B. first and second round matches must be played by tomorrow night; about 80 teams are expected in the doubles, the entries for which close tonight.

In the Class A tournament, the favorite and seeded number one is Harris Coggeshall 1L a graduate of Grinnell College in 1928, and ranked fourteenth in National Men's Singles. Number two is Arthur Ingraham '30, who played second man on the team last year, and was elected Captain for next spring. He is followed by W. L. Breese '30, whose work at number three position on last year's undefeated team is well-remembered, and R. A. Murphy '33, a former National Indoor Junior Champion.

The names of the last four seeded players follow: Horace Taylor, who has at least one leg on the cup of several New England tournaments; J. L. Ware '30, another member of last year's team; Donald Frame '32, number one man and undefeated Captain of last year's Freshman team; and K. B. Daggett '30, also of the 1929 team.