Kenneth Ballard Murdock '16, Assistant Professor of English, and Ronald Mansfield Ferry '12, Assistant Professor of Biochemistry and Chairman of the Board of Tutors in Biochemical Sciences, have been elected Masters of the fifth and sixth Harvard Houses, according to an announcement made at University Hall late yesterday evening.
No announcement was forthcoming intimating what the names or locations of the two new Houses would be.
Professor Murdock, who assumed his present title in 1926, has been teaching in Harvard since his graduation in 1916. His work in the College was interrupted by the war, during which he served first as an officer of the Red Cross in Boston and later as an ensign in the United States Navy. He was discharged in 1919 and in that year became an Assistant Dean of Harvard College, and continued in that capacity until 1922. Since 1925 he has edited publications of the Massachusetts Historical Society and has been the author and editor of several volumes, among them two concerned with increase Mather.
Dr. Ferry attended the College of Physicians and Surgeons at Columbia University until he graduated in 1916. During the war he was detailed to interne service at the Presbyterian Hospital. Since that time he has done research work on blood in collaboration with Professor L. J. Henderson 98, of the Harvard Medical School. Lately he has been making a study of the physio-chemistry of immunity. He became an instructor in physical chemistry at Harvard in 1925. He has been instrumental in the building of the tutorial system in his department and became Assistant Professor of Biochemistry in September 1928.