Young Barnums Promote Novelty to Aid Harvard's Socially Delinquent--Claim Card is "Most Hilarious Fad of 1930"

A group of Harvard undergraduates, reported to be in dire distress financially through the collapse of the stock market last fall, have placed on sale on Harvard Square a novelty which, as one of its admittedly ingenious authors said last night, "should develop into the biggest and most hilarious fad of 1930". This novelty, which may or may not find a market among Harvard students, is a card bearing in an appropriately apologetic form, a list of social sins.

After committing any of the mere violent or original breaches of what passes for good etiquette, one of these cards, with the particular sins of the previous evening checked off, can be mailed, or at least so its promoters assert, to the offended host or hostess. A sample of the card inspected by editors of the CRIMSON last night, however, suggested some doubt as to whether receipt of the missile by the host or hostess would in any way contribute to mended feelings and repaired relations.

Few indeed are the social errors which can not be apologized for via this most recent time-saver, which covers a veritable multitude of sins, among them "riding to bounds in a ballroom", "dismantling plumbing fixtures", "throwing potted palms", "setting fire to footmen", and "deposing mural moosehead in punch". Others, one hardly printable in a proper family journal, are listed to aid the social delinquent.

Though it appears to the casual and unenthusiastic observer that the market for the novelty is strictly limited, the youthful Barnums claim to have made plans calling for a widespread sales promotion of their product through college centers throughout the East. As one of these youths laconically pointed out last night. "Harvard men don't cut up much. We've got a bigger market in less educated educational centers". At any rate, Arthurs, Inc., have taken up the Harvard monopoly on the cards, which are now on sale in the tobacconist's shop in the Lampoon Building, a dime apiece, three for a quarter.