INSTRUMENTALISTS ANNOUNCE SPRING CONCERT SCHEDULE

Annual Presentation for Harvard Men to Climax Spring Events--Gold Coast Orchestra Records for Columbia

A schedule of the concerts to be given this spring by the Harvard Instrumental Clubs was announced yesterday. One of the features will be a concert at the Harvard Union on March 7 for Harvard men only.

The schedule, which is definite but not complete listing seven concerts at present is as follows: February 14, joint concert with the State Normal School Girl's Glee Club, Salem; 'February 26, Milton Town Hall; March 5, Harvard Club; March 7, Harvard Union; March 9, Exeter; March 14, Milton Club; April 4, New Bedford. Concerts in Concord, Swampscott, and Winchester also are being contemplated and plans for next year's Christmas trip are being undertaken. The program for the first few concerts of the spring season will be essentially the same as that used in the concerts given during the recent vacation tour which the Instrumental Clubs took in the Christmas recess. The program as offered on this trip was popular and the concerts were well received.

Membership Tryouts Soon

The managers also announced that trials will be held on Tuesday, February 4, and Thursday, February 6, for men who wish to try for membership in the clubs. The point that there would be no difference in the standings of men already in the clubs and men who might enter after midyears was stressed by the managers. They also stated that non-participation in the Christmas vacation tour necessarily did not preclude election to permanent membership in the organization.

It was made known that the Gold Coast Orchestra, which is a division of the Instrumental Clubs, recently has made recordings of dance music for the Columbia Phonograph Company. "My Sweetie Turned Me Down", by Kahn and Donaldson, and "Kammenoi--Ostrow", by Rubinstein were two of the numbers recorded.