LEO WOLMAN TO LECTURE IN ECONOMICS COURSE

Member of Social Research School Faculty Also Will be a Wertheim Fellow

Leo Wolman, author of several books on trade unionism, and since 1919 a member of the faculty of the School for Social Research, will be Wertheim Fellow for the second half year, and will give the lectures in Economics 3B.

Wolman attended Johns Hopkins University where he received his degree in 1911. He also spent the following three years there working for the degree of Ph.D. which he received in 1914. After teaching at Hobart College, in 1915 he held a position as instructor back at Johns Hopkins. He spent the next year teaching at the University of Michigan, but returned to Johns Hopkins again for 1916-17. In June of 1919, he became a member of the faculty of the School for Social Research, which position he still holds. At that time he was also in charge of the research department of the Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America.

During this period, he was in addition special agent for the United States Commission on Industrial Relations in 1914 and a member of the Council of National Defense in 1917, during the war. In 1918 he was chief of the section on production and statistics of the War Industries Board.