HARVARD ARCHITECTS WIN HONOR IN CONTEST

SIXTH TIME FIRST PLACE WON BY SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE

For the sixth consecutive year the Boston Society of Architects Prize was won by a Harvard man. A. J. Panepinto 3S.A. is this year's winner.

The competition, which is open to all students of the architectural schools of M. I. T. and Harvard, and the classes of design of the Boston Architectural Club, has become an annual affair. The problem, which was to be solved in two and a half weeks, was an "Entrance to the Courtyard of a Large Banking Institution". All the drawings that were submitted for judgment in this contest are now on exhibition in the Old Fogg Art Museum.

Panepinto graduated from Villanova College in 1927 and since then has been studying at the Harvard School of Architecture. Other men in the Harvard school who obtained awards are as follows: D. B. Cathcart Sp., first medal; T. G. Kronick 2S.A., second medal; R. L. Snedaker 3S. A., second medal; and W. H. Gratwick Jr. '25, second medal.

The jury consisted of men from each of the schools admitted to the competition. They were Professors Emerson, and Carlu, of M. I. T.; Professors J. J. Haffner, Architect for the French Government, and J. S. Humphreys, of Harvard; and N. F. Larsen, J. L. Little, and R. W. Gray of the Committee on Education of the Boston Society of Architects.

One hundred and ten competitors submitted drawings. Of these 50 were from M. I. T., 48 from Harvard, and 12 from the Boston Architectural Club.