P. B. H. HEALTH CLINIC OPENS IN BOSTON TONIGHT

SCHEME FOR LINCOLN HOUSE IS EXPECTED TO SPREAD

The new medical and dental clinic undertaken by the Phillips Brooks House Association will be inaugurated tonight at Lincoln House, Emerald Street, Boston, according to an announcement made by Graduate Secretary, J. H. Lane '28.

This settlement house is patronized by about 300 boys residing in the neighborhood. Since these boys participate in strenuous gymnasium work where neglected physical defects, particularly hernias and weak hearts may result in permanent disability, and since they are living in such conditions that a contagious disease if not detected immediately will spread very rapidly, it seemed advisable to provide for a thorough periodical medical and dental examination for these boys. As the parents of the boys are in many cases unable to bear the expense of such examinations the work will be done free of charge.

Dr. F. A. Hamilton, H. H. Hamilton, 4M. E. W. Stratford, 3M, and Dr. G. E. Thompson have agreed to give one evening each week of their time to examining boys in the settlement houses in Boston. They will make a report on each boy examined and turn it over to the director of the settlement who will be responsible for seeing that those cases needing attention receive treatment at one of the clinics in the neighborhood.

Mr. John Kingman '15, President of the Greater Boston Federation of Neighborhood Houses wrote the following memorandum on the proposed clinic: "The whole matter of medical and dental examinations was brought up at the Lincoln House Directors' Meeting last Tuesday. There was so much interest that it was felt that the service was sufficiently important to have a special cooperating committee."