LOWELL INSTITUTE SERIES LECTURERS ANNOUNCED

TICKETS MAY BE SECURED BY MAIL ADDRESSED TO CURATOR

"Sun Yat-Sen and the Spirit of Democracy" is the title of the first of a series of Lowell Institute Lectures to be delivered by A. N. Holcombe '06, Professor of Government, in Huntington Hall, Boston, at 8 o'clock tonight. Tomorrow night at the same hour, George La Piana, Professor of Church History, will give the second of another series of Lowell lectures.

Holcombe's addresses will have for their general subject, "The Spirit of the Chinese Revolution" while La Piana will offer a number of lectures on "Christianity at the Beginning of the Fifth Century, and Saint Augustine, Bishop of Hippo".

The complete schedule of the lectures of these two professors is as follows: by Holcombe; "Sun Yat-Sen and The Spirit of Democracy", tonight; "Borodin and the Spirit of Bolshevism", Friday; "Feng YuHsiang and the Religious Spirit", next Tuesday: "Chiang Kai-Shek and the Military Spirit", Friday, January 17; "T. V. Soong and the Spirit of Modern Capitalism", Tuesday, January 21; "C.T. Wang and the Spirit of Modern Science", Friday, January 24.

The lectures by La Piana are as follows:

"The Conversion of a Professor: from Rhetorics to Theology. Confessions of a Mystic", Wednesday: "The Philosophy of a Christian Bishop. His Conception of the Christian Church. Conflicts and Polemics. Christian Intolerance" Monday; "Manicheism and Christianity. The Pessimistic Vision of Life of a Great Theologian. The Rational Theology of a Celtie Monk", Wednesday, January 15. "The World and its History. Past, Present, and Future in the City of God of Saint Augustine". Monday, January 20; "Fifteen Centuries of Augustinianism. Its Influence on Christian Thought in the Middle Ages. During the Reformation and in Modern Times". Wednesday, January 22.

These lectures are open to the public free of charge. Tickets may be secured by applying by mail to the Curator of the Lowell institute, 491 Boylston Street. Boston, and enclosing one stamped, addressed envelope for each ticket desired.