FRESHMEN WIN RAGGED VICTORY

Saltonstall and Baldwin Show Best as Crimson Defeats Arlington

Playing raggedly, the Freshman hockey team yesterday afternoon defeated Arlington High at the Garden by a score of 5 to 1, in the opening game of the season.

The play was decidedly slow on the part of both teams. The Crimson first year men appeared sluggish and for the most part did not show good stick handling. Soft ice was a factor in slowing up both teams, and Harvard found a decided advantage in the size of her men as compared to those of Arlington.

Robert Saltonstall Jr. '33, last year's Exeter captain, was the outstanding man of the Crimson sextet, scoring two Harvard goals, and I. M. Baldwin '33, from St. Paul's, also played comparatively well. Although the playing was not brilliant, there are latent possibilities in the team.

The lone Arlington goal was scored in the last period when Thomas caught the Harvard goalie completely out of the cage.

The summary HARVARD  ARLINGTON HIGH Baldwin, Stone, l.w.  r.w., Thomas Everett, Putnam, c.  c., McCarthy Saltonstall, Pell, r.w.  r.w., Banks Clement, l.d.  r.d., Berry David, Bailey, r.d.  l.d., Oulton Donellan, g.  g., Nickerson

Score Harvard 5, Arlington High 1 Goals First period Stone, Saltonstall, Everett Second period Saltonstall, Baldwin. Third period Thomas, Referee Nichols. Time One 20-minute period and two 15-minute periods.