UNIVERSITY HARRIERS TO RACE NEW HAMPSHIRE

COURSE IS CHANGED BECAUSE OF DREDGING WORK

In its second meet of the season, the University cross country team will meet New Hampshire this afternoon at 4 o'clock over the Charles River course and at the same time, the 1934 team will open its season in a three-cornered contest against the New Hampshire and Holy Cross freshmen.

The University team will start in its full strength, including not only five of the group which last week defeated Holy Cross by a perfect score, but also Captain R. C. Aldrich '31. G. N. Barrie '32, N. P. Hallowell '32, J. M. Fox 32, and J. W. Fobes '32, members of last fall's team. In 1929. Harvard won from New Hampshire, 23 to 37, avenging a defeat of the previous season. This year's Freshman team has not yet been tried, so its strength cannot be judged. Last autumn, the Crimson first year harriers won from New Hampshire freshmen, 22, to 33, and from Holy Cross freshmen, 15 to 53.

The University course today will differ from that of last year and from that of last week. It will start at the Larz Anderson bridge on the Cambridge side, continue past the corner of the Mt. Auburn cemetery along the river, and then make two complete loops around the hill near the cemetery. The return course will be back along the same side of the river. The old route has been rendered impracticable because of dredging being done on the sand bank which once formed a part of the course. The distance is about five miles, and is somewhat more hilly than was that of last year.

University: Aldrich, Barrie, Sturtevant Burr '31, B. E. Estes '32, Fox, Fobes, Arthur Foote '38, Hallowell. F. D. Murphy '33, and R. P. Wesley '33.

New Hampshire: W. G. Andberg, D. DeMoulpied H. Hazen, A. C. Lazure, L. Moore, s. Richardson. H. Roberge, W. Roberts, V. Swain, K. Varney.

Harvard Freshmen, J. M. Estabrook '34, R. F. Estes, '34, Abraham Gorden '34, A. B. Hallowell '34, W. A. Hanson '34, J. R. Levin '34, James Parton '34, T. A. Robinson '34, Arthur Sawyer '34, J. R. White '34.