UPPER SECTIONS TO BE INTRODUCED IN ECONOMICS A

Number of Groups Limited by Lack of Sufficient Instructors -- Follows Lead of History 1

The reintroduction of a former policy in regard to Economics A was made public yesterday by H. B. Burbank '15, professor of Economics and chairman of the Board of Tutors in the division of History, Government, and Economics.

Immediately after the Christmas recess not more than 30 students in the course will be picked to form a special AA section. Members of this group, according to Professor Burbank will be selected with reference to demonstration of exceptional ability in the subject of Economics during the next three months. This system is being employed so that men who are extremely apt at grasping the true significance of the course will not be obliged to tarry behind with men who are not so inclined.

One Advanced Section

This course is only given when the number of instructors is large enough to stand this extra burden. This year there will only be one advanced section and that will be under the tutelage of either Professor Burbank or E. B. Chamberlain '27, assistant professor of Economics. It is to be strictly understood that the putting into effect of this plan will not interfere in any way with the possibilities of other students in the course gaining an A grade if their work warrants it. This system has met with great success in History 1 and has met with the approval of students in the past few years.