The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

SHARPE CHOSEN TO SPELL DALY AS EMPLOYMENT HEAD

Has Assisted Daly Since 1929 After Year as Sheldon Fellow--Will Publish Results of Studies

During the absence of W. W. Daly, '14, R. T. Sharpe '28, has been appointed Acting Secretary for Student Employment, it was announced at University Hall yesterday. Daly, who has been in charge of the Students' Employment Office since the fall of 1924, has been granted a six months' leave of absence.

Sharpe graduated from Harvard College in 1928, and, during the following year, held a Sheldon Travelling Fellowship. Upon his return from abroad he was appointed Assistant Secretary for Student Employment, in which capacity he has served until the present time. He has had a fairly wide acquaintance with the work of the office, having spent some of his time as an undergraduate in work in that department.

Studying Student Employment

During the past year Sharpe has investigated several problems in connection with the activities of the Employment Office, and it is expected that the results of his studies will soon be made public. The Student Employment office during the last academic year gave work to between 800 and 1000 men, whose earnings totalled $250,000.