BIG GREEN ELEVEN WILL GO TO PACIFIC THIS FALL

Dartmouth Meets Stanford to Dedicate New Stadium--Special Train Leaves Hanover November 21

For the first time in ten years, the Dartmouth football team will travel to the Pacific Coast to play in one of the leading intersectional games scheduled for the 1930 season. In 1920 the Big Green squad journeyed to Seattle, Washington, where they met the University of Washington eleven. This game marked the dedication of the Washington University stadium which seats close to 75,000 people. The Hanover eleven defeated the coast team in a very close and hard fought contest, 27-7, and again this year they will attempt to repeat this feat, against Stanford University however, instead of the Washington Huskies.

A six car through special train has been chartered to take the Dartmouth men to the coast and back to Hanover with their coaching staff, trainers, managers, equipment aids, and tutors. This train will leave Hanover on Friday, November 21, a week after the closing eastern schedule game with Cornell at Ithaca. On Saturday noon the team will arive in Chicago, where a practice session will be held on the Oak Park High School field. They will leave Chicago, Saturday night, November 22, and will arrive at the Oakland Pier in California on Tuesday morning, November 25. A connecting ferry will take the team to San Francisco, and from this point they will take busses to the Benjamin Franklin Hotel at San Mateo, where they will remain until the game on Saturday.

Practice sessions will be held daily at the Stanford Stadium prior to the game, in order to accustom the players to their new surroundings after the long jaunt, and also to allow them to become partially acclimated. The Dartmouth trip has been planned with the utmost care by Athletic Director Harry Hennage, and Football Manager Jack Reno '31, in order that the team will be in as fine condition as possible when they arrive.

Immediately following the game the Hanover squad will leave San Mateo for Los Angeles, where they will arrive the following day. At noon on the same day the players and accompanying staff will be entertained by Mr. Henry Hobart '05, producer, at the R. K. O. Studios in Hollywood. Early that evening another reception will be held for the Big Green squad at the home of Mr. Howard Newcomb, of Belle-Aire, California. Members of the Los Angeles Dartmouth Alumni Association will also be present at this gathering.

After this reception the team will board their special train and start for Hanover. The return route will be over the Santa Fe road to Chicago, and the New York Central and Boston and Maine roads to Hanover, arriving home on the morning of December 4