FRESHMEN, WORCESTER PLAY TO SCORELESS TIE

PESCOSOLIDO CARRIES BALL FOR CRIMSON

The Freshman football team and Worcester Academy fought to a score- less tie in a field of mud and slime on the Freshman gridiron of Soldiers Field Saturday afternoon. The contest was fiercely fought and both elevens showed a stubborn defensive play.

Fumbling by both teams ruined scoring chances, especially since each team was in a scoring position but once during the game. Harvard's opportunity came in the second period when a drive carried the ball to the Worcester 15-yard line. At this point C. A. Pescosolido '34 hit the line hard but fumbled, and one of the visiting linemen recovered the ball. Harvard was unable to form any threatening offensive for the rest of the game.

In the final period the Worcester eleven pushed down to the Harvard 16-yard line, but as in the case of the Harvard attack, Worcester fumbled and lost the ball.

The ball-carrying and defensive work of Pescosolido, who has shown up exceptionally well in previous games featured the contest. HARVARD  WORCESTER Helmes, Lowe, l.e.  r.e., Chase Healey, Simmons, l.t. r.t.,  Conothan, Blakely Nazro, Lawrence, l.g.  r.g., Chapin Lockwood, c.  c., Letarte Rogers, Di Vivo, r.g.  l.g., Gundlach Kopans, r.t.  l.t., Faimonsen, Blakely Choate, White, r.e.  l.e., Ladroga Whitney, Peter, q.b.  q.b., Haley McCless, l.h.b.  r.h.b., King, Lavallee Hurlbut, Dean, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Hill, Goodman, Lane Waters, Pescosolido, f.b.  f.b., Janien, Pauk

Score--Harvard Freshmen 0. Worcester Academy 0. Referee--E. E. Allen. Umpire-- Scuhfert. Linesman--Muturer. Time --four 12-minute periods.