HARVARD MEN CAST IN RADCLIFFE PLAY

Idler Club to Use Black and White Only in Settings and Costumes--One Part Still Unfilled

Three Harvard men, P.G. Hoffman '32, Ian Martin '34, and Carleton Greene '31, have already been cast and a fourth is yet to be chosen for "Lady Windermere's Fan," the fall play of the Radcliffe Idler Club which starts production today. The leading male role, that of "Lord Darlington," is vacant.

This continues the policy of the Idler and the Harvard Dramatic Club in exchanging members for various productions. Last year, Dramatic Club actors played in another drawing-room comedy produced by the Radcliffe group, "The Last of Mrs. Cheyney," while students from Radcliffe appeared in the cast of Galsworthy's play, "The Show," and Milne's "Success," last year's Dramatic Club productions.

"Lady Windermere's Fan," a play about a good woman by Oscar Wilde, is to be modernized by the Idler Club and stylized for the first time. It has been given with much success both as a play since the first decade of this century and as a motion picture which elevated Ronald Colman to stardom. It will be presented on November 13 and 14.

The staging, scenes, and costumes will all be in black and white, the only spot of color being Lady Windermere's bright red fan. Only once before has a play been put on exclusively in shades, the exception being "The Importance of Being Earnest," which was produced in England.

Clara Butler, president of the Radcliffe Idler Club, will play the leading role of "Mrs. Erlynne." Exclusive of the minor parts, the entire cast with the exception of "Lord Darlington" has been chosen. The players and their roles are as follows; Lord Windermere  P.G. Hoffman '32 Mr. Cecil Graham  Ian Martin '34 Lord Augustus Lorton  Carleton Greene '31 Lady Windermere  Ruth Mead Mrs. Erlynne  Clara Butler Duchess of Berwick  Jane Mast