Old Nassau

The Undergraduate Council calls to the notice of the Freshman Class the following important and traditional customs: 1. Only black ties may be worn by Freshmen. This restriction applies only until Washington's birthday. 2. The regulation head-dress for Freshmen is a black skull cap. 3. Freshmen may not walk on the grass. 4. Freshmen may not smoke on the street or on the Campus. 5. Freshmen may not enter Renwick's. 6. Freshmen may not use the walk in front of Nassau Hall or McCosh Walk. 7. Freshmen are not allowed on Prospect Street at any time. 8. Freshmen should get off the walk for every other class, since seniority determines possession of the sidewalk. 9. The riding of bicycles by Freshmen is forbidden. 10. White flannels or knickers can be worn only for golf or tennis. 11. Freshmen are not to go without a coat.

It is the sentiment of the Council that these regulations are not in the nature of meaningless restrictions, but are of value to both Freshmen and upperclassmen. It urges that members of 1934 accept these rules in the spirit in which they have been handed down by succeeding classes of Princeton men.

The Council further recommends to the Sophomore Class officers that they appoint a Vigilance Committee of 20 men. In cases of flagrant unwillingness to abide by sensible traditions, this Committee shall have power to summon Freshmen before the Council. --The Princetonian.