SERVICE

Thirty years ago the founders of Phillips Brooks House dedicated it to piety, charity and hospitality. Of these three, charity has come to assume the most important place. Religious and hospitable projects are, however, by no means neglected.

Social, service among the poorer districts and boys' clubs, cast off clothing drives and loan libraries, and the Freshman handbook comprise some of the better known functions of Brooks House. Somewhat less recognized by the University at large are the facilities offered for the meeting of foreign students and the furtherance of various schemes for international good will. There is a definite benefit to be gained from such cosmopolitan gatherings in the stimulating exchange of diverse ideas and the contact with the widely varying traits of character and view points of the different nations. The provision made by the International council for round table discussions is but one instance of the organization's efforts to maintain the third aim of the thirty-year triumvirate.