STIFF SCRIMMAGE THE ORDER OF DAY FOR TEAM

YESTERDAY'S SCRIMMAGE SECOND OF WEEK

With the second team's 30-yard line as a starting point, and the goal line as a final target, the University team spent 45 minutes in a lively scrimmage with the scrubs yesterday. Team A was given the ball throughout the entire session, while the Seconds served as buffers in what was doubtless meant to be a drive for a powerful offensive eleven.

No record was kept of the number of scores made by the first eleven, as the regulars had only 30 yards to go for each touchdown. This season the Crimson team has shown flashes of power in mid-field, but invariably when they have penetrated deep into their opponent's territory, what began in an extended drive has ended in a weak finish, with the plays faltering in the shadow of the enemy goal posts.

Stress Offensive

The plays used yesterday, however, did not give the impression that the ability to gain three or four yards through the line at any time was what the coaches were looking for. All sorts of plays were used, with little importance being laid on the fact that the goal was but a short distance off. It does seem evident that the coaches are trying to develop rugged offensive play, with a special effort being made to foster smoothly working plays, with a strength produced by the accurate carrying out of all assignments. Offensive work is clearly the aim for this week, since yesterday's scrimmage was the second of the week, with the chances likely that the remainder of the time before the William and Mary game will also be devoted to this type of practice.